Sunday, January 9, 2011

What if I had never let you go!!

Now that I'm no longer with you,
Now that you have left for good,
How things would have been, I want to know,
What if I had never let you go?

The lonely walks that I take,
The gloomy sunsets I see,
Would they have been the same
Had I been with thee?

The smell of fading flowers,
Solitary scenery and that nature's show,
Do you think would have been so dull
If I had never let you go?

Do you think the smile of that little girl
Would have made me feel so low,
I'm not able to understand,
And these things I want to know.

Morning dew, high mountains,
Give me the feeling of being so lonely,
In spite of being so far,
I feel you are the one and only.

It was you who gave me strength when I was low,
And it was you who reigned supreme,
That's because you were the answer,
To all the prayers I plead and all my dreams.

Lonely walks, gloomy sunsets, smelly flowers;
Morning dew, little girl's smile, and gentle showers,
Would have still brought a smile I know,
If only I had never let you go.

           Dedicated to a long lost love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment